Wednesday, August 17, 2011

4 1/2 year old popping out of bed?

The last thing I do before tucking my 4 1/2 year old daughter in at night is take her to the bathroom one last time. Reliably, within an hour she comes out of her room to say she has to go pee again. She usually only goes a small amount, so I don't think she really had to go all that badly. I don't have to do anything but stand there, she can do it all by herself, but she won't go on her own. She says she can't find the light, or she is afraid to , or she just cant go or she might lose her pajamas or countless other reasons. She throws a fit if my husband tries to help - it has to be me. I'm getting very frustrated because of the constant interruptions in what I see as my limited free time while she is supposed to be asleep. While I love being a stay at home mom, I feel like I have to fight constantly for any alone time. Help! I think I just need a little perspective here, and any ideas you have to encourage her to go potty without me at night would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment